Call for Papers: Durham Annual PGR Law Conference ‘Defending Individual Rights’
Helen Fenwick addresses Kosovo Parliament
(30 Dec 2016) » More about Helen Fenwick addresses Kosovo Parliament
New on Durham Law: Policy Engagement (DLPE): Unacceptable Forms of Work
A new theme has been added to the Durham Law School’s policy portal, Durham Law: Policy Engagement (DLPE). The new pages explore the work of Dr Deirdre McCann on the legal regulation of Unacceptable Forms of Work (UFW). See further here.
Dr McCann’s research investigates how to improve work performed “in conditions that deny fundamental principles and rights at work, put at risk the lives, health, freedom, human dignity and security of workers or keep households in conditions of extreme poverty” (UN International Labour Organization).
The new pages highlight a new Multidimensional Model of UFW and include briefing documents and videos on the project.
For other legal and policy reforms that have resulted from DLS research - in the UK and around the world – see here.
(7 Sep 2015)
Dr Deirdre McCann organizes Global Dialogue on Unacceptable Forms of Work in Durham and Geneva
On 6-8th July, Dr Deirdre McCann organised a Global Dialogue at the United Nations in Geneva and the University of Durham. The Dialogue brought together policy-makers and researchers from across the world to consider how to eliminate ‘unacceptable forms of work’ (UFW)
Durham Law School co-hosts high-level conference on the future of labour regulation at the United Nations in Geneva
The Regulating for Decent Work Conference, held on 8-10 July at the International Labour Office in Geneva, debated the future of labour regulation in the post-crisis era. The Conference was co-hosted by Durham Law School together with the United Nations International Labour Organization (ILO) and other international academic institutions.
Global Dialogue: Unacceptable Forms of Work
In July 2015, a Global Dialogue will bring together policy-actors and researchers from across the world who are engaged in efforts to tackle UFW.
(22 Jun 2015) » More about Global Dialogue: Unacceptable Forms of Work
Durham Human Rights Centre celebrates 800th anniversary of Magna Carta
On Monday 15th June, the Human Rights Centre marked the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta.
The Centre invited students and staff to visit Magna Carta and the Changing Face of Revolt in Palace Green library https://www.dur.ac.uk/palace.green/magnacarta/ to view the only surviving 1216 issue of the Charter.
- Durham HRC's @DrAlanGreene interviewed in Brazil's O Globo on the recent terrorist attacks in the UK (in Portugese). https://t.co/g6ZvaDTPWT
Tweeted on Wed, 07 Jun 2017 17:09:30 +0100
- DurhamHRC's @DrAlanGreene in The Conversation on the recent terrorist attacks in the UK. https://t.co/soIJ4aYJcZ
Tweeted on Tue, 06 Jun 2017 13:01:38 +0100
- Forthcoming from @DurhamHRC's @seshaunawheatle: Principled Reasoning in Human Rights Adjudication (Hart, 2017): https://t.co/QpMKIFSyPh
Tweeted on Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:00:29 +0100
- New article from @DrAlanGreene on legal v political definitions of #terrorism in ICLQ. https://t.co/v6OBqebP9d
Tweeted on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:25:49 +0000
- New article by @DrAlanGreene on #Trump's executive order and national security.
Tweeted on Thu, 02 Feb 2017 11:57:55 +0000
- Durham HRC's @DrAlanGreene on the conviction of Anjem Choudary and what it means for UK counter-terrorism. https://t.co/RAWnETocx7
Tweeted on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 17:55:24 +0100
- Special edition of the German Law Journal on #Brexit featuring Durham Law School's @ntinatzouvala
Tweeted on Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:59:33 +0100
- Roger Masterman and Colin Murray @mastermanmurray reflecting on the British constitution post #Brexit https://t.co/3TZfFozckv
Tweeted on Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:48:21 +0100
- Today at 1pm in PCL 056, Durham HRC welcomes @CornesLawNZUK.
All welcome! https://t.co/HjyZ0PXZer
Tweeted on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:26:51 +0100
- Written by our fantastic students with the help of @ThriveTeesside! https://t.co/f0txZEys0V
Tweeted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:08:51 +0100