With increasing pressures on workload, often combined with higher expectations in terms of delivery, it is vital we can effectively manage our time in a way which gives us high productivity and performance but which retains our energy, enthusiasm and creativity.
This workshop looks at a number of factors we need to take into consideration in order to more productively utilise the time we have as well as sharing a number of simple, but effective strategies and tactics which can help reduce the feeling of overwhelm and improve focus and productivity.
This interactive workshop is designed to encourage you to really reflect on where and how you currently use your time, and how you might make changes which could significantly and positively impact on your effectiveness, your productivity, your workload and your well-being. This is an opportunity to take a step back and work on your role rather than in your role.
We will cover:
- An understanding of some of the core factors which can hinder the effective use of our time, including less obvious factors such as our own energy levels, our mind-set and the actions of others
- A practical tool to help you prioritise more effectively
- An understanding of the concept of proactive thinking and how this might support your efforts to achieve more, with less risk of procrastination or stress
- Specific tactics to deal with overcoming procrastination, overwhelm and burnout – for yourself and your teams/colleagues
- Some tips to help you delegate more effectively
- A personal plan of action
- Greater clarity about your own personal “time-stealers” and how to eliminate them
- Learn some simple, but powerful techniques to help you prioritise and delegate more effectively
- Create a personal plan of action which will help you focus where you need to
A mixture of presentation, group discussion and practical work.
Who is the course suitable for
All staff who wish to explore how to improve their time management techniques.
Which of the ‘Realising Your Potential Approach’ Behaviours are supported by this course
This workshop will generally help indirectly with most of the Realising Your Potential Behaviours but specifically connects to:
- through more effective prioritisation of workload as well as management of a variety of resources
Developing Self and Others
- through raising awareness of where our own behaviour patterns may hinder effective time management and improving our ability to delegate to others
Using resources effectively
- through techniques which help manage personal energy as well as external resources and organisational systems
- establishing ways to solving workload challenges through practical strategies and tools
Half day Seminar