Stress can be exhausting! Long term stress can lead to lead to lack of concentration, an inability to make decisions, lethargy, declining performance, motivation and ultimately can lead to illness and sickness absence. Within teams it can contribute to conflict and disharmony.
This workshop aims to help individuals understand stress; why and how it can become a negative force. The ‘Stress CPR’ strategy, delivered by the facilitator Dave Algeo, the Stress(ed) Guru is a no nonsense approach to taking back control from stress. It will provide a wealth of tips and tactics to help reduce stress, manage pressure and improve wellbeing.
To enable participants to:
- Understand stress; the causes and effects of stress, including chronic stress
- Identifying their own stress triggers, exploring the concept of 'stealth' stressors
- Develop a tool kit of tactics within the ‘Stress CPR’ strategy to effectively manage personal stress
- Understanding stress – acute and chronic
- Recognising the signs of stress in oneself, including maladaptive coping strategies
- Introducing ‘Stress CPR’ – ‘Step away from the Stress’ and ‘The Rescue Breath’
- Applying ‘Stress CPR’ (C) – Tackling the Causes of stress (R.E.D.U.C.E. strategy)
- Applying ‘Stress CPR’ (P) – Changing perspective/ dealing with stressful thinking
- Applying ‘Stress CPR’ (R) – Recharging the battery (energy management)
- Stress Busting Personal Action Planning - Tailoring strategies to me and my stress
- Where to go for support within the University for support
- Delegates will leave the course with an understanding of stress and how to spot the signs in themselves and others.
- They will take with them a simple but powerful strategy to tackle stress overload both in the moment and over times.
- Along with this strategy which is memorable and therefore capable of being applied when it counts, delegates will leave with a range of tools to help them in reducing their personal stress levels, improving their ability to relax and ‘recharge’ their energy levels, and tackle the identified causes of their stress with some simple problem solving tools.
- Delegates will also gain some invaluable tools aimed at helping them manage their own psychological responses to stressors and chronic stress.
Dave Algeo, whilst an expert in stress, is also renowned for delivering engaging and entertaining workshops which will challenge and motivate delegates to focus on improving their health and stress management through simple strategies and lifestyle changes.
Who is the course suitable for
All staff who have an interest in managing personal stress
Which of the ‘Realising Your Potential Approach’ Behaviours are supported by this course
This workshop will generally help indirectly with most of the Realising Your Potential Behaviours but specifically connects to:
- through effectively prioritising workload
Developing Self and Others
- by providing raised awareness of managing negative stress and being able to spot in self and others
- by providing coping tools to positively approach uncertainty
- by knowing when to support others, and who to ask for support when needed
- by positively addressing challenges through practical strategies and tools
Half day Seminar