(Introduction to) Project Management
Project management techniques are becoming more important, especially in Higher Education where most of us are involved in projects large or small. PRINCE2 is a structured method for effective project management, with processes to support the project from initiation to completion. The approach is suitable for planning or controlling any type of project, regardless of scope or size.
This one day workshop will enable participants to gain an overview and an understanding of project management techniques, especially those associated with the PRINCE2 methodology, and how they can be applied within a Higher Education environment.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Be able to define a project
- Understand the tasks required to start up a project
- Be aware of the importance of defining the project goal
- Understand the processes involved in project planning
- Understand the PRINCE2 project organisation
- Starting up projects
- The Project Initiation Document (PID)
- Planning a project
- Organising a project using PRINCE2
- Project reporting and communication
- Risk management
- Closing a project
Who is the course suitable for?
All staff who have to manage or initiate projects within their areas of
1 full day