Support for new staff
Starting a new job can be a daunting experience. This page, along with the page of frequently asked questions which follows, aims to make the process as straightforward as possible. We hope these pages will act as a useful gateway to the practical information you'll need as you take up your new post. If there is information which you feel is missing, please let us know by using the Comments and Questions form at the end of this page.
- The main Human Resources pages provide information on flexible working, leave of absence, parental leave, sickness absence, holidays, and work-life balance.
- For information on training and development courses please refer to the Training Courses area (please note you will need your ITS user name and password to access this area).
- Information on health and safety policy, occupational health, fire safety, and health and safety co-ordinators can be found on the Health and Safety pages.
- The Finance pages offer advice on salaries, removal and relocation expenses, pensions, staff expenses and procurement services.
- You can find car parking details on the Estates and Buildings pages.
- If you have questions about your IT login or campus card, you should refer to the CIS pages.
The University has a dedicated Relocation Manager, Stina Maynard, who is available to offer guidance on your move to Durham. Stina can work alongside you to provide support with your domestic arrangements, accommodation search, area informaton and useful tips for living in the UK to help you settle into the area as smoothly as possible. Please telephone +44 (0) 191 334 6533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other departments can be found on the support department directory.