University Statute 35
Changes to Statute 39, relating to University Staff, were approved by the Privy Council at their meeting on 21st July 2010. The new regulations and procedures, approved by Council in May 2010, were implemented with immediate effect, for the Academic Year 2010/11.
They were worked up in partnership with our local trade unions. DUCU conducted a ballot of its members in May 2010 which gave overwhelming support to the proposals.
In July 2011, changes to University Statutes 33-38 (relating to the appointment and retirement of officers and staff of the University) were approved which led to the renumbering of statutes. As a result, Statute 39 is now Statute 35.
The Statute was replaced with a shorter 'enabling' Statute 35 which sets out important principles.
This is supported by detailed Regulations which provide readily understandable procedures that reflect current employment law requirements and ACAS guidelines.
Each Regulation is made up of three parts:
- Part 1 A scope and principles document applicable to all staff
- Part 2 Procedure for all Staff in Grades 6-10
- Part 3 Procedure for all Staff in Grades 1-5
The Statute and Regulations apply to all University staff.
Ill Health & Absence
Unsatisfactory Performance During Probation
- Unsatisfactory Performance During Probation Part 1 (last modified: 22 November 2012)
- Unsatisfactory Performance During Probation Part 2 (last modified: 22 November 2012)
- Unsatisfactory Performance During Probation Part 3 (last modified: 22 November 2012)
Office of the Vice Chancellor Regulation
- Office of the Vice Chancellor Regulation (last modified: 28 November 2012)
Removal from an Appointed Office Regulation
- Removal from an Appointed Office Regulation (last modified: 28 November 2012)