Keeping your body hydrated
Do you feel thirsty?
It is important for you to keep your body hydrated throughout the day. Most of us don’t drink enough water. On average our bodies needs 6-8 glasses a day more if you are exercising or if the weather is warm. Drinking sufficient amounts can contribute towards keeping fit and healthy.
Signs of Dehydration can include:
- Strong smelling urine
Healthy ways to Hydrate can include:
- Drinking fresh cold water, fruit juices, milk, sugar free drinks, tea including herbal teas, coffee.
- Try introducing more fluids into your daily routine. Keeping a bottle of water on your desk at work, in your car. Use a marked bottle that’s help with your daily water intake. Add a slice of lemon or different fruit to your water for a different taste. Even cucumber and then you can eat it afterwards!!!
- Eating more fruit and vegetables especially water rich foods, including watermelon, strawberries, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce and cauliflower to name just a few.
Health benefits to keeping hydrated can include:
- Increased energy
- Improves the skins complexion
- Boosts the immune system
- Flushes out toxins
- Increases the production of new blood and muscle cells.