We will help to create a workforce that is world class in all that it does, enabling all staff to engage in the delivery of the University Objectives. The University has approved its first People Strategy, and this is a very exciting time to be working for Durham University, we are supporting our staff with more opportunities, developing new ways of working and supporting them with a range of benefits, career support and development. Our People Strategy has 5 key strategic aims, these are:
- To structure the workforce in the most effective and efficient ways to deliver the University Strategy;
- To attract, retain and reward the best talent
- To develop leadership at all levels ensuring that all staff are supported to realise their potential and understand their contributions to achieving the University's core goals;
- To ensure that an increasingly diverse workforce is treated equally, fairly and with respect and that all staff are demonstrably valued and actively engaged; and
- To promote and support the wellbeing of the workforce
Our People Strategy can be viewed here
A key aspect of our strategy is to engage with all staff to further develop our people policies and processes in order to continuously improve the services we provide. In 2017, we will conduct a University Staff Survey, which will help to build on the work we need to undertake in order to create a world class organisation, it will help us with our priorities and ensure we are addressing the right areas.
Our staff are very important to helping us achieve success, and we in Human Resources and CAROD want to ensure your experience as a member of staff at Durham University is one which you will reflect upon as outstanding. If you have any questions please do contact us, we will help you in any way we can.