Publication details for Dr Adrian Green2016 (co-authored with Dixon, James) 'Standing Buildings and Built Heritage', Post-Medieval Archaeology 50, pp. 121-133
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0079-4236, 1745-8137
- DOI: 10.1080/00794236.2016.1169492
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This essay examines the available archive of articles on standing buildings published in Post-Medieval Archaeology. After setting out some general trends evident in a brief analysis of the number of buildings archaeology articles published over the last 50 years, their subjects and authors, this essay places these articles in three key wider contexts: the relationship of buildings archaeology to architectural history; buildings archaeology in Post-Medieval Archaeology in an international context; and the Society for Post-Medieval Archaeology’s relative lack of engagement with modern buildings and contemporary built heritage.