Travelling to Queen's Campus
There is easy access to the Campus from Stockton High Street via either the Millenium Footbridge or the new Infinity Bridge.
There are many safe cycle routes running alongside the River Tees that bring you directly into Queen's Campus.
Regular services run from Middlesbrough to Stockton High Street. The Arriva X12 service runs between Newcastle, Durham, Sedgefield and Middlesbrough and stops in Stockton High Street and also at Thornaby Bus Station, the latter from which you can alight the bus and walk to the Campus. The X12 travels to Durham City and stops alongside the University Mountjoy Site (Science Site).
East Coast Main Line operate high speed services from London, York and Edinburgh to Darlington, with a connection to Thornaby Railway Station.
The Transpennine Express provides a direct approximately hourly service from Manchester Airport, Manchester, Leeds and York to Thornaby.
Northern Rail operate a regular service from Saltburn to Newcastle and Bishop Auckland that stops at Thornaby and Durham.
Queen’s Campus, Stockton is linked by the A66 to the A1(M) and the A19.
From A19 North to Queen’s Campus, Stockton
- Join the A66, signposted Stockton/Darlington
- Take the first slip road from A66, signposted Teesside Retail Park/Tees Barrage
- Turn right at the traffic lights, over the bridge across the A66, following signs for the Barrage.
- Turn left at the roundabout.
For Holliday Building, Ebsworth Building and Wolfson Research Institute:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive and keep forward into the Main Campus Car Park. Buildings are signposted and large campus maps are located around the car park.
From A19 South
Join the slip road for the A66 signpost Stockton/Darlington.
Keep on the slip road and follow the signs for the Barrage as described above.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is just 8 miles from Stockton and Newcastle Airport is 50 minutes drive.
Maps of Stockton
You can download a variety of maps to help you navigate round Stockton-on-Tees: