Alternative Travel Options to the University
To assist staff with encouraging different methods of travel and sourcing alternative parking solutions detailed information is available, set out in one document, along with a map showing all car parks in Durham. A map is also available which outlines the area for parking at the Rugby Club along Green Lane.
Details set out in the document include reference to the following which are all available in the travel section of the Greenspace website:
- Information for all bus and train services and links to their external websites
- Discounted unlimited travel on Arriva bus services for £1 a day, £5 per week, £45 per term and £150 for an Academic Year within their Durham District Zone
- Corporate discount schemes for Arriva and Go North East bus services and for train travel with Northern
- University car-share scheme for staff and students
- Park and Ride schemes across Durham City and surround areas at Sniperley and Belmont.