National Liftshare Week: 2-8 October 2017
liftshare Week is the UK-wide annual event which aims to encourage and enable more people to discover the benefits of car-sharing. Why not start car sharing with friends and/or work colleauges
The University is keen to promote car-sharing between staff and students and an online registration car-share scheme has been developed to enable staff and students to register sharing opportunities as both a driver and / or passenger.
Why should you get involved in Car Sharing?
- Car-sharing can be used for any type of journey at any time, making it the cheapest and most flexible form of transport around
- It saves you money on fuel and other running costs
- It helps you do your bit for the environment by cutting your carbon footprint
- It makes boring solo journeys sociable and fun
- It reduces stress by allowing you to be chauffer-driven!!
- You don't even need a car to sign up to be a car-sharer. Many members are willing to do the driving in return for a contribution to their fuel costs and some friendly company!
See how much you can save by using the liftshare cost calculator.
Home to Work Car-Shares
The car-share scheme gives you the opportunity to offer your car for sharing - with the Home to Work option you can help ease parking problems within the University, relieve general traffic congestion and help to reduce pollution.
Campus to Campus Car-Shares
Many people make the regular journey Campus to Campus. Why not make use of the ca-share scheme to ease parking problems.
To register a share or request a share in the University car scheme go to View available car-shares
NOTE: This requires a valid Durham ITS username and password.