Skills & Development
PGT Skills Handbook
The PGT Skills Handbook is designed to help you think about how you can develop your skills to give you the best possible start to your future. It will:
- Make you aware of some of the opportunities that are available to you;
- Help you to think about the skills that you will need in the future, whether you plan to go into employment or further study;
- Help you to think about your current skill levels and identify areas of development;
- Give you some ideas of resources that may help you;
- Start you thinking about how you can sell your skills.
It is intended to be a starting point to help you make the most of your year at Durham: you will find the PGT Skills Handbook and many more resources available online under the Employability & Skills tab in duo (https://duo.dur.ac.uk/).
The Careers, Employability and Enterprise Centre offers the same level of support to postgraduate students as it does to undergraduate students in terms of one-to-one support, group talks and access to resources. The Information Room within the Careers, Employability and Enterprise Centre, at both Durham and Queen's Campus Stockton, contains a wealth of information relevant to all users but also specifically to postgraduate users. To find out more about the information and resources available please call into one of our centres and speak with the Information Staff who will be very happy to help you.