Global Policy Summer School 2017
Global Inequality and Development. 17 - 21 July 2017.
The Global Policy Summer School 2017, 'Global Inequality and Development', is a five-day intensive short-course that brings together the latest thinking with innovative practice. The course is led by some of the world's leading researchers and practitioners in the field. Follow the links below to find out more about the programme.
About the Summer School
Learn, network, and engage.
Delivered by Global Policy in association with the Springfield Centre, the summer school brings together world-leading academics and experienced practitioners. Part of Durham University, a world top-100 university with an enviable academic reputation, Global Policy brings a distinctive perspective to understanding global issues. The summer school offers a unique opportunity to learn about the latest innovations in development theory and practice, engage with pressing global issues, and network with participants from diverse backgrounds.
The summer school programme is delivered by a number of leading academics from across the UK. Our programme for 2017 includes contributions from Professor Robert Wade (LSE), Professor Gina Porter (Durham), Dr Jutta Bakonyi (Durham), Dr Siobhán McGrath (Durham), Patricia Parker (Practitioner: Kids for Kids), Simon Levine (ODI), Dr Lucio Esposito (UEA), Alastair King-Smith (Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Alan Gibson (Springfield Centre), Rob Hitchins (Springfield Centre), Dr Ben Taylor (Springfield Centre) and more.
Keynote speakers now confirmed: Professor Stuart Corbridge and Professor David Held.
The course is an outstanding opportunity for both learning and networking for:
- early career professionals in the development field,
- experienced development practitioners looking to revisit the theoretical underpinnings of what they do,
- recent graduates looking to enter the development sector,
- senior professionals in other fields looking for a career change into the development sector.
Apply now to join the Summer School. Applications open on Monday 6th February.
We provide state of the art expertise on global policy, institutions, actors, via the Global Policy Journal and Institute.
- E-book: Global Politics After 9/11 - Wars, Political Fragmentation and Authoritarianism #Brexit #Trump… https://t.co/eaQK4vxpxM
Tweeted 13 hours ago
- Free Special Issue - Health Care Policy, Resource Allocation and Financial Sustainability #NHS #health… https://t.co/eOsHRPCwG9
Tweeted 14 hours ago
- Book Review: Dialectics in World Politics #Marx https://t.co/4LeixuSY6A
Tweeted 15 hours ago
- Global Citizens, National Shirkers #Trump #May https://t.co/N9cjqU9uIm https://t.co/rMz4QBVuPG
Tweeted 16 hours ago
- Data Opens a New Frontier in China #BRICS #data #China #governance #democracy #internet https://t.co/8awVRP3imt
Tweeted 17 hours ago
- We Dont Trust the Internet. And its Putting our Digital Future at Risk #data #internet #Google #Facebook… https://t.co/xII0qitZNG
Tweeted 18 hours ago