Global Policy Summer School 2017
Global Inequality and Development. 17 - 21 July 2017.
The Global Policy Summer School 2017, 'Global Inequality and Development', is a five-day intensive short-course that brings together the latest thinking with innovative practice. The course is led by some of the world's leading researchers and practitioners in the field. Follow the links below to find out more about the programme.
About the Summer School
Learn, network, and engage.
Delivered by Global Policy in association with the Springfield Centre, the summer school brings together world-leading academics and experienced practitioners. Part of Durham University, a world top-100 university with an enviable academic reputation, Global Policy brings a distinctive perspective to understanding global issues. The summer school offers a unique opportunity to learn about the latest innovations in development theory and practice, engage with pressing global issues, and network with participants from diverse backgrounds.
The summer school programme is delivered by a number of leading academics from across the UK. Our programme for 2017 includes contributions from Professor Robert Wade (LSE), Professor Gina Porter (Durham), Dr Jutta Bakonyi (Durham), Dr Siobhán McGrath (Durham), Patricia Parker (Practitioner: Kids for Kids), Simon Levine (ODI), Dr Lucio Esposito (UEA), Alan Gibson (Springfield Centre), Rob Hitchins (Springfield Centre), Dr Ben Taylor (Springfield Centre) and more.
The course is an outstanding opportunity for both learning and networking for:
- early career professionals in the development field,
- experienced development practitioners looking to revisit the theoretical underpinnings of what they do,
- recent graduates looking to enter the development sector,
- senior professionals in other fields looking for a career change into the development sector.
Apply now to join the Summer School. Applications open on Monday 6th February.
We provide state of the art expertise on global policy, institutions, actors, via the Global Policy Journal and Institute.
- Trump Handbook for Aspiring Autocrats #Trump #Brexit https://t.co/SOE3yPjFNh https://t.co/Etl5qDYW9H
Tweeted 56 minutes ago
- GP Summer School July 2017 - Global Inequality and Development #course #development #inequality #aid… https://t.co/wtZFGgbdvg
Tweeted 22 hours ago
- What does Security mean? Great (and well-written) paper from IDS https://t.co/JtO7YCVW01 https://t.co/l9P4cOohYa
Tweeted 23 hours ago
- Book Review: State Capitalism: The Return of Statism #Keynes #Hayek #econ #trump #protectionism #borders https://t.co/RB6bHqATuF
Tweeted 1 day ago
- Trump Handbook for Aspiring Autocrats #Trump #Brexit #MuslimBan https://t.co/DqOu8HypPP https://t.co/Kv6I9fzcdD
Tweeted 1 day ago
- GP February 2017 Issue https://t.co/lw0lRch05j https://t.co/QFYVeWSlWa
Tweeted 2 days ago