Professor Lynn Staeheli
Professor in the Department of Geography
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 41942
Fax: +44 (0) 191 33 41801
Room number: 104
- Nagel, Caroline R. & Staeheli, Lynn A. Nature, environmentalism, and the politics of citizenship in post-civil war Lebanon. Cultural Geographies. 2016;23:247-263.
- Nagel, Caroline R. & Staeheli, Lynn A. International Donors, NGOs and the Politics of Youth Citizenship in Contemporary Lebanon. Geopolitics. 2015;20:223-247.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Hammett, D. 'For the future of the nation': Citizenship, nation, and education in South Africa. Political Geography. 2013;32:32-41.
- Staeheli, Lynn A, Attoh, Kafui & Mitchell, Don Contested Engagements: Youth and the Politics of Citizenship. Space and Polity. 2013;17:88-105.
- Staeheli, L.A. THE 2011 ANTIPODE AAG LECTURE Whose Responsibility Is It? Obligation, Citizenship and Social Welfare. Antipode. 2013;45:521-540.
- Hammett, D. & Staeheli, L.A. Transition and the Education of the New South African Citizen. Comparative Education Review. 2013;57:309-331.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Nagel, C.R. Whose awakening is it? Youth and the geopolitics of civic engagement in the 'Arab Awakening'. European Urban and Regional Studies. 2013;20:115-119.
- Staeheli, L.A., Ehrkamp, P., Leitner, H. & Nagel, C.R. Dreaming the Ordinary: Daily Life and the Complex Geographies of Citizenship. Progress in Human Geography. 2012;36:628-644.
- Ralph, D. & Staeheli, L. Home and Migration: Mobilities, Belongings and Identities. Geography Compass. 2011;5:517-530.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. Muslim Political Activism or Political Activism by Muslims? Secular and Religious Identities amongst Muslim Arab Activists in the United States and United Kingdom. Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power. 2011;18:437-458.
- Staeheli, L.A. Political geography: Where's citizenship?. Progress in Human Geography. 2011;35:393-400.
- Hammett, D. & Staeheli, L.A. Respect and responsibility: Teaching citizenship in South African high schools. International Journal of Educational Development. 2011;31:269-276.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Hammett, D. Educating the New National Citizen: Education, Political Subjectivity, and Divided Societies. Citizenship Studies. 2010;14:667-680.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. ICT and geographies of British Arab and Arab American activism. Global Networks. 2010;10:262-281.
- Staeheli, L.A. Political geography: democracy and the disorderly public. Progress in Human Geography. 2010;34:67-78.
- Staeheli, L.A., Mitchell, D. & Nagel, C.R. Making publics: immigrants, regimes of publicity and entry to ‘the public’. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space. 2009;27:633-648.
- Staeheli, L.A. Citizenship and the Problem of Community. Political Geography. 2008;27:5-21.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. Don't Talk with Strangers: Regulating Property, Purifying the Public. Griffith Law Review. 2008;17:531-545.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. Integration and the Negotiation of 'Here' and "There": The Case of British Arab Activists. Social & Cultural Geography. 2008;9:415-430.
- Staeheli, L.A. Political Geography: Difference, Recognition and the Contested Terrains of Political CLaims-making. Progress in Human Geography. 2008;32:561-570.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Nagel, C.R. Rethinking Security: Perspectives from Arab-American and British Arab Activists. Antipode. 2008;40:780-801.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. Locating the Public in Research and Practice. Progress in Human Geography. 2007;31:792-811.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Nagel, C.R. Topographies of Home and Citizenship: Arab-American Activists in the United States. Environment and Planning A. 2006;38:1599-1614.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. The People's Property? Power, Politics, and the Public. Routledge; 2008.
Chapter in book
- Staeheli, Lynn A & Nagel, Caroline R Different Democracy? Arab Immigrants, Religion, and Democratic Citizenship. In: Hopkins, Peter, Kong, Lily & Olson, Elizabeth Religion and Place: Landscape, Politics and Piety. Dordrecht: Springer; 2013:115-130.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. British Arab Perspectives on Religion, Politics, and 'the Public'. In: Hopkins, P. & Gale, R. Muslims, in Britain: Race, Place and Identities. Edinburgh University Press; 2009:95-112.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. Relevance. In: Smith, S., Pain, R., Marston, S. & Jones, J.P. Handbook of Social Geography. Sage; 2009:546-559.
- Staeheli, L.A. Democracy and Democratization. In: Cox, K., Low, M. & Robinson, J. Handbook of Political Geography. Sage; 2008:389-401.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. The Politics of Minority Visibility and Invisibility: the Case of British Arab Activists. In: Dwyer, C. & Bressey, C. New geographies of race and racism. Ashgate; 2008:83-94.
- 2012: Youth Experiences of Citizenship in Divided Societies: Between Cosmopolitanism, Nation and Civil Society (£1678628.11 from European Commission)
- 2011: What kind of citizenship for Lebanese Youth (£5500.00 from CBRL)