Professor Alan Townsend
Professor in the Department of Geography
More details to follow shortly.
- Planning studies
- Regional development and affairs
- The changing geography of employment
- Unemployment and industry
- A.R. Townsend Build a professional bridge; planning and the recruitment process in regeneration. Planning. 2003.
- J. Liddle & A.R. Townsend Reflections on the development of local strategic Partnerships: key emerging issues. Local Governance. 2003;29:37-54.
- J. Tully & A.R. Townsend The legacy of the development corporations: from heavy engineering to call centres. Northern Economic Review. 2003;80-95.
- A.R. Townsend Contradictions in planning education. Planning Practice and Research. 2002;14:21.
- A.R. Townsend Public speaking rights, members and officers in a planning committee. Planning Practice and Research. 2002;17:59-68.
- A.R. Townsend Diversification de las salidas profesionales para los geografos y las geografas en el Reino Unido. Documents d'Analisi Geografica. 2001;39:57-74.
- B. Thomas & A.R. Townsend New trends in the growth of tourism employment in the UK in the 1990's. Tourism Economics. 2001;7:295-310.
Chapter in book
- N. Coe & A.R. Townsend The spatial configuration of inter-firm networks in producer services agglomerations. In: Global competition and local networks. Ashgate; 2002:280-312.