Dr Izabela Walczak, PhD, MSc
Qualified Teacher Status in Chemistry, Department of Education, UK, 2017
PhD, Durham University, Geology/Paleoclimatology, 2017
Teaching qualifications in Geography, Jagiellonian University, 2010
MSc, Jagiellonian University, Physical Geography/Climatology, 2010
University College Dublin, Erasmus, 2008
Level 1 modules:
- Physical Geography
- Understanding Earth's Principles
Level 2 modules:
- Handling Geographic Information
- Climate Change: Geographical Perspectives
- Scientific Research in Geography
- Application of Computed Tomography scanning in stalagmite-based research
- Application of GIS in climate research
- Cave microclimate
- Climate extremes
- Natural variability and anthropogenic climate change
- Holocene North Atlantic climate reconstructions using geochemistry of stalagmites from Spain and Bermuda
Indicators of Esteem
- 2017: Invited Speaker: Summer School on Speleothem Science (S4), Burgos, Spain
- Ridley, H.E., Baldini, J.U.L., Prufer, K.M., Walczak, I.W. & Breitenbach, S.F.M. High resolution monitoring of Yok Balum Cave, Belize: an investigation of seasonal ventilation regimes and the atmospheric and drip-flow response to a local earthquake. Journal of Cave and Karst Studies. 2015;77:183-199.
- Walczak, I.W., Baldini, J.U.L., Baldini, L.M., McDermott, F., Marsden, S., Standish, C.D., Richards, D.A., Andreo, B. & Slater, J. Reconstructing high-resolution climate using CT scanning of unsectioned stalagmites: A case study identifying the mid-Holocene onset of the Mediterranean climate in southern Iberia. Quaternary Science Reviews. 2015;127:117-128.
- Baldini, Lisa M., Walczak, Izabela W., Jamieson, Robert, Lechleitner, Franziska & Baldini, James U.L. Reconstructing North Atlantic Climate over the Past Six Centuries Using a High Resolution Stalagmite Multi-Proxy Approach. Boston, USA: Goldschmidt 2018; 2018.
- Walczak, I., Baldini, J. Baldini, L. Marsden, S. Richards, D. Standish, C. McDermott, F. & Andreo, B. The Onset of the Mediterranean Climate in Western Europe Inferred from Dating and CT Scanning of Un-Sectioned Stalagmite. Sacramento, USA: Goldschmidt 2014; 2014.
- Walczak, Izabela, Baldini, James Macpherson, Colin Marsden, Stuart, Richards, David, Jamieson, Robert Slater, Jonathan, Baldini, Lisa & Hugill, Christine Reconstructing climate using the geochemistry and computed tomography of stalagmites. Vienna, Austria: EGU General Assembly; 2013.