Teaching Fellow (Fixed Term) in Social Geography and GIS - Ref: 007351
(13 July 2017)
The Geography Department seeks to appoint an exceptional scholar as a Teaching Fellow with teaching interests in the broad field of human geography (and a focus on social geography with GIS would be advantageous).
The post-holder will provide excellent teaching in the Department of Geography, particularly with a specialism in GIS and social geography (broadly conceived), delivered on such modules (but not restricted to) as:
- Contributing material to team taught modules L1 Introduction to Geographical Research, L1 Human Geography, L2 Social Research, L2 Social and Cultural
- Teaching through small groups, practicals and fieldclasses
- Contribute to the administration of the teaching programme in Department.
- The assessment and examination of student work.
- Supervise undergraduate and Masters Dissertation students.
- Development of scholarship in the field.
- In addition to the Board of Studies, the post holder will have membership of some departmental committees and professional body membership.
The post of Teaching Fellow will involve a significant teaching load, including during the summer period, and there will be related scholarship and the opportunity for administrative duties which relate to education and pedagogy. This post is to provide cover, whilst we seek a permanent replacement for a colleague. This post is therefore available for 23 months from 11th September 2017 until 31st August 2019 and it is not anticipated that the post will be extended beyond this fixed term.
Closing Date: 11th August 2017