Prep / Analysis Laboratory (Teaching)
This air conditioned laboratory is primarily used for teaching. It houses a wide range of analytical instruments used for practical teaching and dissertation work. The analytical instruments include: an elemental analyser, an ICP - OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer), a UV-visible spectrophotometer, an ion chromatography system, a High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) system, a flame atomic absorption spectrometer and a graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometer. This laboratory is also equipped with ultra-high purity water (Elga), a fume hood (Hydrofluoric acid capable), a four figure balance, a six figure balance (data capture enabled), a vacuum filtration system and a CEM microwave digestion system.
- Agilent Technologies 200 Series AA / 240FS (Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometer)
- Agilent Technologies 200 Series AA / 240Z AA GTA 120 (Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectrometer)
- Agilent Technologies 5100 ICP - OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer)
- Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS 2100 and ICS 1000 (Ion Chromatography System)
- Thermo Ultimate 3000 HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) Pump and Single Channel Variable Wavelength Detector
- Varian Cary 50 Bio UV - Visible Spectrophotometer