How to Apply
Applying for the foundation year course at Durham University is similar to applying for other undergraduate programmes, but has some key differences. Please follow the sequence below to ensure you give yourself the greatest chance of success.
To apply you should:
- Check that your preferred degree programme has a foundation year programme by clicking here.
- Check if you are eligible to apply by using our eligibility page.
- Complete all sections of our Online Enquiry Form . This step is essential because the eligibility criteria for the foundation programme are more complex than for direct entry, so it is best if The Foundation Centre offers guidance on eligibility first.
- If you are eligible and we offer your subject, please apply via UCAS.
- Foundation Centre staff will assess your application and will either offer you a place, invite you for assessment or reject your application. Offers made can be unconditional or conditional, depending upon your circumstances.
- If you are invited for an assessment day you will be interviewed and offered opportunities to show your suitability for the foundation year.
Should you have any questions at any stage, please contact The Foundation Centre for advice before taking the next step.