The Foundation Centre is an academic department of Durham University which provides access to a wide range of degree programmes for learners who need a year 0 course in order to be prepared for undergraduate studies. Foundation Centre students are full members of the university and as such are affiliated to a college, as well as enjoying full access to the extensive extra-curricular opportunities within the university.
Foundation Centre courses are fully integrated elements of Durham University degree programmes. Students who successfully reach the progression standard by the end of the foundation year automatically gain entry to year one of their registered programme without further action or application.
The majority of students in the foundation centre are mature students from non-traditional university backgrounds. Many are from the north east of England, though all regions of the UK are usually represented, together with a range of EU countries. Foundation Centre staff hold a range of academic qualifications. All are expert at teaching foundation level courses, and all are engaged in a wide range of scholarship activities, adding to the body of knowledge within their respective discipline areas and in the field of pedagogy.
The Foundation Centre also takes part in broader support activities for undergraduate students and contributes to the development of teaching and learning within the whole institution.
Durham City Administration:
- Mrs Zoe Harrison, Senior Administrator , email@example.com
- Ms Sarah Wyer, Administrator/PA to Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Susan Johnson, Centre Secretary , email@example.com
Durham City Teaching Staff:
- Mr Steve Leech, Foundation Centre Director , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Megan Bruce, Director of Learning and Teaching, email@example.com
- Dr Simon Rees, Head of Scholarship (DCAD Lead), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Carole Rushall, Hub Leader: Social Sciences and Education, email@example.com
- Dr Jinhua Mathias, Hub Leader: Science , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Alison McManus, Hub Leader: Arts, Humanities & Business , email@example.com
- Mr Ian Moreton, Head of Admissions , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Olwyn Hazelton, Teaching Fellow (Student Experience), email@example.com
- Dr Susan Scrafton, Teaching Fellow (Ethics Committee Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Julie Wilson, Teaching Fellow (Student Experience), email@example.com
- Miss Rachel Dunn, Teaching Fellow, Contact Rachel Dunn
- Dr. Catherine Marshall, Honorary Fellow (Education) , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Hilary Willers, Sessional Tutor, email@example.com