Languages: Pathways to the World
On 28 - 29 March 2015 our School of Modern Languages and Cultures hosted a conference for teachers focusing on MFL teaching and learning. This freeresidential conference was open to all teachers from secondary schools and colleges across the UK who have an interest in this subject area.
All presentations and resources from this conference will be available to download below.
- Culture as an Asset in Foreign Language Learning (Dr Aziza Zaher)
- Culture as an Asset in Foreign Language Learning - Handout
- Poetry in Language Teaching - Presentation (Dr Nicholas Roberts)
- Languages and Employability (Mrs Lucina Stuart)
- Languages and Employability (Miss Hannah Arnold)
- Languages and Employability - Handout
- Chinese in Schools (Mr Don Starr)
- Project Based Learning in MFL (Ms Mari Carmen Maya Medina)
- (Socio)linguistic Awareness in Secondary Education (Dr Marcela Cazzoli-Goeta)
- Language Learning and Study Abroad (Dr Penny Johnson and Dr Simon McKinnon)
- Admissions to Modern Languages at Durham (Mr Nicholas Johnston)
- New Challenges and Initiatives for German Language Learning (Dr Tracey Reimann-Dawe)