Geography Teachers' Conference
Durham University's Geograhy Department held a free conference for teachers on 4-5 July 2016. We will be another Georgaphy conference on 18-19th July 2017.
The 2016 conference sessions addressed selected aspects of the new curriculum, including:
- the global interconnectivity of places (Changing Place, Changing Places)
- the carbon cycle (Water Cycle, Carbon Cycle);
- gender and the body (Changing Place, Changing Places);
- glaciated landscapes (Landscape Systems);
- the political geography of oceans and ocean governance (Global Systems and Global Governance);
- the water cycle (Water Cycle, Carbon Cycle); and
- urban climate resilience (Global Systems and Global Governance).
It enabled Geography teachers:
- to meet and discuss the new curriculum with world-leading experts;
- to gather resources for use in the classroom, including lesson plans and teaching materials; and
- to network with other UK Geography teachers.
Speakers included: Professor Mike Crang, Dr Rachel Colls, Dr Charlotte Adams, Dr Andres Luque-Ayala, Professor Phil Steinberg, and Professor John Wainwright. Conference participants had a chance to network with postgraduate researchers and learn more about their research.
The 2017 conference will follow a very similar theme and we hope to have a programme finalised soon. You can now book your place here.