Durham Castle is one of the premier venues for wedding receptions in the North East. The magnificent Great Hall, which dates from 1284, can take wedding breakfasts of up to 200, with guests able to enjoy an arrival drinks reception in the Coutryard of the Castle or the Tunstall Gallery. For smaller occasions the more intimate Senate Room can take up to 40.
The Castle has two Suites, the Bishop's Suite and the Chaplain's Suite, as well as another 47 en suite and 29 standard (with shared bathrooms) bedrooms which can be available for you and your guests
The staff at Durham Castle would like to help you prepare for your special day and will do all they can to ensure you enjoy it to the full. Whatever style of wedding you are thinking of we would be happy to discuss it with you.
- The use of the Tunstall Gallery or Courtyard for drinks reception
- The use of the Fellows Garden for photographs
- Our courtesy room for changing and storing of gifts
- The services of an experienced Master of Ceremonies to guide you through the day
- Advice on the choice of menus and wines
Provision of menus and place cards
Facility Fee - £1,500
A complimentary stay in the Bishop's Suite with English breakfast is included in the package for wedding receptions taking place in the Great Hall, subject to availability.
We do guarantee that there will be only one wedding reception per day.
The award winning staff at the Castle have a wealth of experience in catering for the most prestigious events, ensuring that the quality of service will match the unrivalled setting.
- Durham Castle Banqueting Menu (last modified: 8 September 2015)