Estates and Facilities Directorate
Welcome to the Estates and Facilities Directorate
The Estates and Facilities Directorate provides a number of essential services to Durham University and is responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure and building fabric of the various campuses.
The Estates and Facilities Directorate provides a diverse range of services to the University including:
- Maintaining and regularly reviewing a maintenance programme which takes account of short, medium and long term needs of all buildings and University grounds.
- Implementing the works identified and funded within the various maintenance programmes and operating a system for dealing with day to day requirements. This includes the continuing provision of an out of hours emergency service.
- Providing a professional technical service to the University for the design, construction and procurement of new buildings and adaptation works to existing buildings.
- Identifying and recording the use of space and advising on ways of increasing space utilisation.
- Procuring and managing utilities and services.
- Providing postal and security arrangements and advice to the University.
Holly Wing First Floor
Tel: 0191 3346042