This is an archive of past events within the Department of English Studies. Please see our current events for forthcoming activities.
Some of our public events are recorded and are available as podcasts via our Research English At Durham blog.
Applying for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in the Arts and Humanities: A Postgraduate Information Session
Postdoctoral research fellowships often provide a crucial stage in an academic career, but understanding the different schemes and application requirements can be a daunting task.
This session aims to equip current arts and humanities postgraduates with information about a variety of postdoctoral fellowship schemes.
Led by current Durham academics, it will offer:
- An overview of the different types of postdoctoral fellowships and the major external funding schemes. (Dr James Smith)
- Guidance on what makes a compelling postdoctoral research project and a competitive application. (Professor Philip Williamson)
- Perspectives from current postdoctoral fellows on their own experiences with such fellowships. (Dr Rachael Wiseman and Dr Will Viney)
- A chance for Q & A on any aspect of the postdoc process.
This event is being coordinated by Durham's Centre for Modern Conflicts and Cultures, but is aimed at all arts and humanities postgraduates (whatever period or field). Students at any stage of their candidature are welcome to attend.
Contact email@example.com for more information about this event.
Research in English At Durham (READ) blog showcasing the the literary research emerging from the Department of English Studies
We host a large number of conferences, lectures and seminars each year, many of them open to the public. Find out more on our Events page.
Many of our public lectures, seminars and conferences are recorded, and can be listened to as podcasts.
- 10th May 2019
- Gen(d)eration: Gender and Construction of Subjectivity