Dr Cuong Dao
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cuong Dao obtained his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada in 2016. Prior to joining the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, Durham University, he was a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the University of Twente, The Netherlands. He also served as a Mechanical Engineer at Canon Vietnam Ltd. (2006-2007) and Reliability Engineer at Enmax Generation Canada (2014-2015).
Dr Cuong Dao research focuses on reliability modelling and maintenance management of engineering systems. His past research includes the reliability modelling and selective maintenance optimisation of wind energy and engineering systems with interactions between components in the system. He has papers published in Reliability Engineering & System Safety, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Wind Energy, Journal of Infrastructure Systems, and Journal of Transportation Engineering. He is also interested in helping the industry on critical failures identification and preventive/predictive maintenance strategies development using reliability-centred maintenance (RCM) approach. He is currently a Post-Doctoral Research Associate (PDRA) in the EPSRC HOME-Offshore project.
- Offshore wind farms and wind turbines
- Reliability modelling
- Maintenance optimisation
- Operation simulation
- Engineering asset management
- Power, infrastructure, and manufacturing systems
Chapter in book
- Dao, Cuong D. & Zuo, Ming J. (2014). Selective Maintenance for Multi-state Systems Considering the Benefits of Repairing Multiple Components Simultaneously. In Engineering Asset Management - Systems, Professional Practices and Certification. 413.
- Dao, Cuong D., Kazemtabrizi, Behzad & Crabtree, Christopher J. (2019), Impacts of Reliability on Operational Performance and Cost of Energy Evaluation of Multimegawatt, Far-offshore Wind Turbines, ASME 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE) 2019. Glasgow, UK, American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Dao, Cuong D., Kazemtabrizi, Behzad & Crabtree, Christopher J. (2019), Modelling the Effects of Reliability and Maintenance on Levelised Cost of Wind Energy, ASME Turbo Expo 2019. Phoenix, AZ, USA.
- Dao, Cuong D. & Zuo, Ming J. (2016), A maintenance model for equipment subject to varying loading conditions, Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference 2016. Anaheim, USA.
- Dao, Cuong D. & Zuo, Ming J. (2015), Reliability analysis of multi-state systems with s-dependent components, 2015 Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS). Florida, USA.
- Pandey, Mayank, Zuo, Ming, J. & Dao, Cuong, D. (2013), Selective Maintenance for a Multi-Component System with Two Types of Failure Modes under Age-Based Imperfect Maintenance, 19th ISSAT International Conference Reliability and Quality in Design. Hawaii, USA.
- Dao, Cuong D., Hartmann, Andreas, Lamper, Anton & Herbert, Peter (2019). Scheduling Infrastructure Renewal for Railway Networks. Journal of Infrastructure Systems 25(4): 04019027.
- Dao, Cuong D., Kazemtabrizi, Behzad & Crabtree, Christopher J. (2019). Wind Turbine Reliability Data Review and Impacts on Levelised Cost of Energy. Wind Energy 22(12): WE-19-0119, 1848-1871.
- Dao, Cuong D., Basten, Rob & Hartmann, Andreas (2018). Maintenance Scheduling for railway tracks under limited possession time. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems 144(8): 04018039.
- Dao, Cuong D. & Zuo, Ming J. (2017). Optimal selective maintenance for multi-state systems in variable loading conditions. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 166: 171.
- Dao, Cuong D. & Zuo, Ming J. (2017). Selective maintenance of multi-state systems with structural dependence. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 159: 184.
- Dao, Cuong Duc & Zuo, Ming J. (2016). Selective Maintenance for Multistate Series Systems With S-Dependent Components. IEEE Transactions on Reliability 65(2): 525.
- Dao, Cuong D., Zuo, Ming J. & Pandey, Mayank (2014). Selective maintenance for multi-state series–parallel systems under economic dependence. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 121: 240.