Dr Helen Gray
I worked as teacher of ESOL and then Computer Science in primary and secondary schools. I have a PhD in Computer Science.
I joined CEM in 2007 as a database developer and moved to the research team in 2015. I am currently working on projects involving
practical work in science in KS3 –KS5 and also on widening participation in Higher Education.
- Improving the breadth of science practical work undertaken in schools
- Monitoring Practical Science in Schools and Colleges
- Gray, H., Lyth, A., McKenna, C., Stothard, S., Tymms, P. & Copping, L.T. (2019). Sex differences in variability across nations in Reading, Mathematics and Science: A Meta-Analytic extension of Baye & Monseur (2016). Large-scale Assessments in Education 7: 2.
- Copping, L.T., Cramman, H., Gott, S., Gray, H. & Tymms, P. (2016). Name writing ability not length of name is predictive of future academic attainment. Educational Research 58(3): 237-246.
- Cramman, Helen , Kind, Vanessa, Lyth, Andrew, Gray, Helen, Younger, Kirsty, Gemar, Adam, Eerola, Paivi, Coe, Rob & Kind, Per (2019). Monitoring practical science in schools and colleges. Durham, Durham University.
- 2015: Tottenham Schools Learning Community - Cross Age Peer Tutoring (£12250.00 from Haringey Council)