EUROMEC: European Identity, Culture, Exchanges and Multilingualism
The project aims to develop of a network of international institutions to cooperate in research in the areas of European identity, culture, European citizenship, exchanges and multilingualism. The Jean Monnet Network European Identity, Culture, Exchanges and Multilingualism brings together 8 partners:
- Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria;
- Matej Bel University, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia;
- Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland;
- Institute of European Studies of the Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland;
- University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg;
- Durham University, United Kingdom;
- University of Leuven, Belgium;
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS), China.
A core task of the network is to build knowledge and become a reference point for researchers in the themes of European identity, culture, European citizenship, exchanges and multilingualism. Core target group of the Network are young researchers (doctorate students, potential doctorate students and young researchers who have obtained a PhD degree in the past 5 years). The Network aims at involving doctorate students and young researchers from different scientific areas through the open calls for participation and through inviting doctorate students from other scientific fields. The Network envisages 3 summer schools, 13 events (seminars, workshops, conferences and final conference). In addition the Network foresees 10 major deliverables (books, collection of papers, conference proceedings, thematic issues of national journals, working papers).
The project is coordinated by the Faculty of Philosophy, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, with the support of the “Jean Monnet” initiative of Erasmus + programme on the European Commission.
The project is funded by the following grant.
- Euromec: European Identitiy, Culture, Exchanges And Multilingualism (£22849.43 from European Commission)