Publication detailsLichtenfeld, S., Maier, M.A., Buechner, V.L. & Elliot, A.J. (2018). Ambient Green and Creativity. Creativity Research Journal 30(3): 305-309.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1040-0419, 1532-6934
- DOI: 10.1080/10400419.2018.1488197
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This research examined an important applied question: whether viewing ambient green (relative to red) on the wall of a workspace would facilitate creativity. A methodologically sound experiment revealed no influence of green on creativity. Care must be taken when interpreting a null result, but these data do not provide support for the presence of a relation between ambient green and creativity. This research also highlights the need for more research in the area of ambient color and psychological functioning, and the need for caution regarding the tendency to move to real-world recommendations before a firm empirical base is established.