EdD: Aims and Objectives
On completion of the programme students will be able to demonstrate, through assignments and the thesis:
- A critical and broad contextual knowledge and understanding of a range of significant educational issues.
- A critically evaluative understanding of research methodology and its application to the field of education.
- A sophisticated level of critical analysis, reflection, evaluation and other related skills, drawing appropriate connections in independent study; the ability to work autonomously.
- An ability to analyse, test and criticise ideas in an independent study of educational literature related to a specific theme.
- Understanding of the relationship of the special theme of their thesis to a wider field of knowledge, to demonstrate mastery of that special theme and the ability to evaluate ideas within it.
- An ability to produce an original contribution to knowledge and matter worthy of publication.