- Best Evidence Encyclopedia, Johns Hopkins
- Best Evidence Synthesis (BES), NZ
- Institute for Effective Education, University of York
Narrative Synthesis in Systematic Reviewing
- The Evidence for Policy and Practice Information and Co-ordinating Centre (EPPI-Centre), University of London.
- National Research Methods Centre
- 'What is an effect size?' an introduction taken from Dr Robert Coe's page on the CEM website (and a link to his Excel spreadsheet).
- William R Shadish's meta-analysis pages (including a link to an effect size calculator)
- David B. Wilson's web pages at George Mason University with downloadable Powerpoint Slides, SPSS macros and Excel spreadsheet for calculating standardized mean difference type effect sizes from a range of different values.