Dr Frederick Li, BA MPhil PhD
(email at email@example.com)
Frederick Li received both a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Computing Studies and a Master of Philosophy from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 1994 and 1998, respectively, and a Ph.D. degree in Computer Graphics from the City University of Hong Kong in 2001. He is currently a Lecturer at the University of Durham. Prior to the current appointment, he was an Assistant Professor at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University from 2003 to 2006. From 2001 to 2003, he was the project manger of a Hong Kong Government Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) funded project.
Frederick Li serves as an Associate Editor of International Journal of Distance Education Technologies on Communications Technologies (Distributed and Collaborative Learning). He has served as the Guest Editor of two journal special issues of International Journal of Distance Education Technologies. In addition, he has also served in the committee of a number of conferences, including ACM VRST 2004 - 2008, CASA 2005, ICWL 2005 - 2008. He serves as a Program Co-chair of ICWL 2007, ICWL 2008, IDET 2008 and IDET 2009. He also serves as a Workshop Co-chair of ICWL 2009 and U-Media 2009.
Indicators of Esteem
- Conference Organization:
- Publicity Co-Chair, ACM MM MTDL '2010
- Publicity Co-Chair, IEEE U-Media '2010
- Workshop Co-Chair, ICWL '2009
- Workshop Co-Chair, IEEE JCPC '2009
- Program Co-Chair, IDET '2008, '2009
- Program Co-Chair, IDET '2007, '2008
- Journal Editorialships:
- Associate Editor (Communications Technologies), International Journal of Distance Education Technologies (JDET), (since 2007)
- Editorial Review Board Member, International Journal of Cyber Ethics in Education (IJCEE), (since 2009)
- Computer Graphics
- Distributed Virtual Environment
- Multimedia Systems
- Surface Modeling
- Virtual Reality
- 1: Li, Lewis, Li, Frederick & Lau, Rynson (2006). A Trajectory-Preserving Synchronization Method for Collaborative Visualization. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 12(5): 989-996.
- 2: Li, Frederick, Lau, Rynson & Kilis, Danny (2004), GameOD: An Internet Based Game-On-Demand Framework, in Lau, Rynson & Baciu, George eds, ACM symposium on Virtual reality software and technology. Hong Kong, ACM Press, New York, 8.
- 3: Cheung, Gary, Lau, Rynson & Li, Frederick (2006). Efficient Rendering of Deformable Objects for Real-time Applications. Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds 17(1): 69-81.
- 4: Li, Frederick Li, Lau, Rynson & Ng, Frederick (2003). VSculpt: A Distributed Virtual Sculpting Environment for Collaborative Design. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia 5(4): 570-580.
- Li, Frederick, Li, Lewis & Lau, Rynson (2004), Supporting Continuous Consistency in Multiplayer Online Games, 12th ACM International Conference on Multimedia. New York, USA, ACM, New York, 4.
- Zheng, Qingzheng, Li, Frederick Li & Lau, Rynson (2010). Sketching-Based Skeleton Generation. IEEE International Conference on Ubi-media Computing, IEEE.
- Yang, Fan, Li, Frederick & Lau, Rynson (2009). Active Contour Projection for Mesh Segmentation. IEEE Joint Conferences on Pervasive Computing (JCPC), Taipei, Taiwan.
- Willcocks, Chris G. & Li, Frederick W.B. (2012). Feature-Varying Skeletonization. The Visual Computer 28(6-8): 775-785.
- Zheng, Qingzheng & Li, Frederick (2011). A Mobile Environment for Sketching-based Skeleton Generation. World Wide Web 14(3): 261-279.
- Li, Frederick, Lau, Rynson, Kilis, Danny & Li, Lewis (2011). Game-On-Demand: An Online Game Engine based on Geometry Streaming. ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications 7(3): 19.
- Li, Frederick, Lau, Rynson & Dharmendran, Parthiban (2010). An Adaptive Course Generation Framework. International Journal of Distance Education Technologies 8(3): 74-85.
- Li, Frederick, Zhao, Jianmin, Lam, Beta & Lau, Rynson (2009). An Efficient Method for Simulating Flexible Connectors. Journal of Multimedia 4(2): 94-100.
- Li, Qing, Lau, Rynson, Leung, Elvis, Li, Frederick, Lee, Victor, Wah, Benjamin W. & Ashman, Helen (2009). Emerging Internet Technologies for E-Learning. IEEE Internet Computing 13(4): 11-17.
- Yang, Bai-Lin, Li, Frederick, Pan, Zhigeng & Wang, Xun (2008). An Effective Error Resilient Packetization Scheme for Progressive Mesh Transmission over Unreliable Networks. Journal of Computer Science and Technology 23(6): 1015-1025.
- Li, Qing, Lau, Rynson, Shih, Timothy & Li, Frederick (2008). Technology Supports for Distributed and Collaborative Learning over the Internet. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology 8(2): 10.
- Li, Frederick, Lau, Rynson, Komura, Taku, Wang, Meng & Siu, Becky (2007). Adaptive Animation of Human Motion for e-Learning Applications. Int'l Journal of Distance Education Technologies 5(2): 74-85.
- Ng, Beatrice, Lau, Rynson, Si, Antonio & Li, Frederick (2005). Multi-Server Support for Large Scale Distributed Virtual Environments. IEEE Transcations on Multimedia 7(6): 1054-1065.
- Lau, Rynson, Li, Frederick, Kunii, Tosiyasu, Guo, Baining, Zhang, Bo, Magnenat-Thalmann, Nadia, Kshirsagar, Sumedha, Thalmann, Daniel & Gutierrez, Mario (2003). Emerging Web Graphics Standards and Technologies. IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications 66-75.
- Li, F. & Lau, R. (1999). Incremental polygonization of deforming NURBS surfaces. Journal of Graphics Tools 4(4): 37-50.
- Li, Frederick, Lau, Rynson & Green, Mark (1997). Interactive Rendering of Deforming NURBS Surfaces. Computer Graphics Forum 16(3): 47-56.