Industrial Partnership Committee
Despite the current global financial climate, engineering and information technology companies continue to show a strong interest in our graduates. In fact, as Chairman of the School's Industrial Partnership Committee, it is particularly pleasing to see an increasing number of internationally leading companies contacting me regarding opportunities to nurture long term strategic partnerships within the School.
The Industrial Partnership Committee meets each quarter with the purpose of developing and nurturing strong industrial links with world class engineering and information technology companies. The work of the Committee makes a significant and crucial contribution to the implementation of the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences' strategy.
In fulfilling its purpose, the Industrial Partnership Committee has the following aims:
- To ensure that up to date industrial perspectives are reflected in all taught courses
- To ensure that students are given the best possible opportunities in terms of industrial placements and graduate employment.
- To ensure that a significant proportion of the research carried out in the school is relevant to industry and is carried out in collaboration with industry.
- To provide the School's academics with contacts and targeted opportunities for collaboration and funding from Industry.
- To make a contribution to raising funds for improving laboratory teaching and research equipment.
- To provide its industrial members with strong recruitment opportunities.
- To provide its industrial members with collaborative opportunities ranging from final year projects and design projects through to long term research partnerships.
- To provide its industrial partners with an insight into the latest research findings relevant to their core business and beyond.