Inclusive Teaching Practice
The university's Academic Staff Development Office support academic staff in the development of teaching practice. They deliver regular workshops on a variety of topics, including responding to diversity. We are also happy to consult with teaching staff about developing inclusive teaching practice.
DUSSD provide the following guidance sheets:
Staff may find the following on-line resources helpful:
- Open University, 'Making your teaching inclusive'
- BRAIN.HE (Best Resources for Achievement and Intervention re Neurodiversity in Higher Education)
- Premia (making research education accessible)
- There is a useful Disability Awareness booklet, produced by Lorna Hibbert for Library staff
- The DEMOS Project (Online Materials for Staff Disability Awareness)