The College Award has been created to help you map the skills you are developing onto those employers are looking for.
Steps to completing the College Award:
- Complete the University Skills Audit available on Pebblepad. This will help you think about your skills development and identify areas for further development.
- Use the activities you are taking part in to demonstrate a minimum of nine areas where you have developed employability skills.
- Write a short reflective piece on your skills development.
Access the College Award through Pebblepad.
- Click on Pebblepad.
- Select Durham University from the list of institutions.
- Log in using your Durham username and password.
- Click on 'Resources' and then click on the 'College Award' workbook.
Once you begin working on your College Award workbook and save it for the first time, it will become an 'Asset' and be stored in your Asset store.
For more information - Pebblepad: Getting Started Guide.
Not sure if the extracurricular activities you are involved in could serve as evidence of your skills development?
The Activities page provides recommendations of things that you can get involved in and look at the pages for the skill areas to get an idea of how each skill can be developed: Interpersonal Skills, Entrepreneurial Behaviours, Personal Effectiveness and Understanding the World Around You.
When is the deadline for completing the College Award workbook?
You should complete the College Award workbook by the end of Easter Term, in order to give your college time to evaluate your submission.