The Trust hopes to offer two scholarships for a one-year taught Master's Degree at Durham University, UK, starting in October 2017.
The Trust will also offer at least five IELTS fee scholarships in 2017 to candidates who can not afford to take an English Language test. For details click Apply for IELTS fee Scholarship.
You are eligible to apply for our 2017 Masters scholarships if you:
• have completed, before July 2016, a degree at a university in the West Bank or Gaza
• have achieved a cumulative average grading (GPA) of at least 80% (or 3.0 or B) in your first degree
• possess a certificate of English Language proficiency acceptable to the course you wish to study at Durham University. (see webpage List of Master's Degree Courses and read faqs #7 and #8
• have been active in student or community life
• live in the West Bank or Gaza and belong to a family that is normally resident in the West Bank or Gaza
• are unable to study abroad through the finances of your immediate family
• are able to live in the UK for 12 months as a single person.
You are NOT eligible to apply if you:
• have already taken a Master's degree course, or
• have studied, except for short courses, at a university outside of the West Bank or Gaza.
Conditions of holding the scholarship
• You will return to the West Bank or Gaza at the end of your course.
• You will be an active ambassador for Palestinians during your stay in Durham.
• You will enrol on the free In-sessional English Language course at Durham University beginning in October 2017 (for details click this link.)
• You give permission for the Trust to contact your Director of Studies at the end of each Term to ask for a report on your academic progress.
• When we offer you a scholarship, you tell us about any issues that could prevent you from taking up the scholarship on the criteria and conditions outlined above.
The scholarship comes in two parts:
• Durham University will award you a tuition fee scholarship.
• This Trust (which is a charity, independent of the University) will provide a maintenance scholarship for your accommodation, living expenses, travel to the UK and other necessary expenses, such as a UK visa.
How to apply
• Go to webpage Apply for Master's Scholarship, read it carefully and download the application form.
• Do not start to fill in the application form until you have read the Advice to Applicants webpage.
Your Application Form must be sent to us as an email attachment after 01 January 2017 and before 24 February 2017.
Your course is likely to start on 03 October 2017 and end about 08 October 2018. However, a few courses start earlier in September. The successful candidates should expect to travel to Durham about 3 or 4 days before their courses start.