Mr Douglas Bachorik-jr, MM Choral Conducting, BS Music Education
Douglas Bachorik is the director of music activities at Bob Jones Memorial Bible College (Quezon City, Philippines), where he founded the music department. He regularly guest conducts choirs and maintains a regular schedule of guest lecturing in colleges and seminaries throughout east Asia. He holds an MM in choral conducting from the University of Oklahoma and a BS in music education from Bob Jones University. He is a member of the American Musicological Society, the Society for Christian Scholarship in Music, the American Choral Directors Association, and the Philippine Choral Directors Association.
Recently, Douglas presented a paper entitled “Beyond the Individual and the Moment: Examining Music-Induced Emotion in Congregational Singing”at the University of Warwick conference: Mood – Aesthetic, Psychological and Philosophical Perspectives. His contribution will be expanded and included in a forth-coming collection, published by Routledge.
Douglas has published articles and reviews in popular and professional journals, such as The Choral Journal, Frontline Magazine, and Global Forum and Arts and Christian Faith.
- Music in theology and theology of music.
- Music-induced emotion and other affect considerations.
- The impact of music on music-makers, especially choirs and in communal/congregational singing.
- The nature of music-human interaction.
- Bachorik, Douglas (2013). Review: Colonial Counterpoint: Music in Early Modern Manila. Global Forum on Arts and Christian Faith 1(1): 1-4.