Dr Elaine Tan, BSc (Hons), PGCE, FHEA
Lecturer in the School of Education
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 48415
(email at email@example.com)
- Tan,E. & Loughlin,E. (2014). Using ‘Formally’ Informal Blogs to Create Learning Communities for Students on a Teaching and Learning Programme: Peer Mentoring and Reflective Spaces in Online Tutor 2.0: Methodologies and Case Studies for Successful Learning, edited by Francisco José García-Peñalvo and Antonio Miguel Seoane Pardo. In IGI Global.
- Pearce, N & Tan,E (2013). Online Videos in the Classroom: Exploring the Opportunities and Barriers to the Use of YouTube in Teaching Introductory Sociology. In Using Social Media Effectively in the Classroom: Blogs, Wikis, Twitter and more. Seo, Kay Kyeong-Ju Routledge. 132-146.
- Pearce, N & Tan, E (2013). Virtual learning environments and the zombification of learning and teaching in British Universities. In Zombies in the Academy: Living death in higher education. Whelan, Andrew, Walker, Ruth & Moore, Christopher Intellect. 137-146.
Journal papers: academic
- Tan,E (2013). Informal learning on YouTube: exploring digital literacy in independent online learning. Learning, Media and Technology 38(4): 463-477.
- Tan, E. & Pearce, N. (2012). Open education videos in the classroom: exploring the opportunities and barriers to the use of YouTube in teaching introductory sociology. Research in Learning Technology 19(1).