Mr Tufyal Choudhury - all publications
- Choudhury, Tufyal (2010). Muslims in Europe: A Report on 11 EU Cities. New York: Open Society Institute.
- Choudhury, T.A. & Jayaweera, H. (2008). Immigration Faith and Cohesion: Evidence from three local areas with significant Muslim populations. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- Choudhury, T. & Hussain, S. (2008). Muslims in EU Cities Reports – United Kingdom: Preliminary Research Report and Literature Survey. Budapest: Open Society Insitute.
- Choudhury, T. (2007). The Role of Muslim Identity Politics in Radicalisation (a study in progress). London: Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Choudhury, T.A., Weir, S. & Blick, A. (2006). The Rules of the Game: Terrorism Community and Human Rights. York: Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust.
- Choudhury T. A. (2002). Monitoring Minority Protection in the EU: The Situation of Muslims in the UK. Budapest.: Open Society Institute.
- Choudhury T. A., Hepple, B. & Coussey, M. (2000). Equality: A New Framework - The Final Report of the Independent Review of the Enforcement of UK Anti-Discrimination Legislation. Oxford: Hart Publishing.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2005). Muslims in the UK Policies for Engaged Citizens. Budapest: Open Society Institute.
Chapter in book
- Choudhury,T (2012). British by Dissent: Alternatives to Jihadhi Narratives of Identity, Belonging and Violence Among Muslims in Britain. In Contextualising Jihadi Thought. Deol,J & Kazmi,Z Columbia/Hurst. 191-218.
- Choudhury,T. (2011). Evolving Models of Multiculturalism in the United Kingdom. In Interculturalism: Europe and its Muslims: in search of sound societal models. Emerson,M. Centre for European Policy Studies. 107-133.
- Choudhury, T. (2009). The Terrorism Act 2006 Discouraging Terrorism. In Extreme Speech and Democracy. Hare, I. & Weinstein, J. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 463-487.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2007). Comparative Perspectives on Discrimination Law. In Islam in the European Union Transnationalism, Youth and the War on Terror. Samad, Y. & Sen, K. Oxford: OUP. 186-197.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2007). Instructions to discriminate, incitement to discriminate and victimisation. In Cases, Materials and Text on National, Supranational and International Non-Discrimination Law. Schiek, Dagmar., Waddington, Lisa. & Bell, Mark. Oxford: Hart Publishing, Oxford. 45 pages.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2007). Muslims and Discrimination in the EU. In European Islam: the challenges for public policy and society. Amghar, Samir., Boubekeur, Amel. & Emerson, Michael. Brussels: Centre for European Policy Studies (Brussels). 84-113.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2006). 'Equality before the Law?'. In Unequal Britain: Human Rights as a route to social justice. Weir, S. London: Politicos Publishing. 109-126.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2005). 'Overview'. In Muslims in the UK: Policies for Engaged Citizens. Hungary: Open Society Institute. 9-41.
- Busher, Joel, Choudhury, Tufyal & Thomas, Paul (2019). The enactment of the counter-terrorism “Prevent duty” in British schools and colleges: beyond reluctant accommodation or straightforward policy acceptance. Critical Studies on Terrorism 12(3): 440-462.
- Choudhury, Tufyal (2017). Campaigning on Campus: Student Islamic Societies and Counterterrorism. Studies in Conflict & Terrorism 40(12): 1004-1022.
- Choudhury, Tufyal (2017). The Radicalization of Citizenship Deprivation. Critical Social Policy 37(2): 225-244.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2007). Anti-Muslim Discrimination: remedies and failings. Global Dialogue 9(3-4): 33-46.
- Choudhury, T. A. (2006). The Commission for Equality and Human Rights 'Designing the Big Tent'. Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law 13(3): 311-322.
- Choudhury, T. A. & Moon, G. (2003). 'Complying with its International Human Rights Obligations: The United Kingdom and Article 26 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights'. European Human Rights Law Review 8(3): 283-307.
- Choudhury, T. A. (2003). Interpreting the right to equality under Article 26 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. European Human Rights Law Review 8(1): 24-52.
- Choudhury T. A. (2002). 'The drafting of Article 26 of the International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights: Part 1'. European Human Rights Law Review 7(5): 591-603.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2008), Religion, identity and public policy in the UK, International Studies Association. Annual Conference. Bridging Dividies. San Fransisco, USA, San Francisco CA.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2008), Unpacking Discrimination and Disadvantage, Urban Islam in Russia and the UK. Novgorod, Russia, Novgorod.
- Choudhury, T. A. (2006), European Discrimination Law: Strategies for Muslims in Europe, Sofia, Bulgaria, Sofia.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2006), Impact of Security Measures on Ethnic Minorities, European Parliamentary Inter-Group on Anti-Racism and Diversity. European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium, European Parliament, Brussels.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2006), Muslim Experiences of Discrimination in the EU, Staff Seminar Series, Newcastle Law School. Newcastle, England, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2005), Designing the 'Big Tent' The New Commission for Equality and Human Rights, University of Leicester, England, University of Leicester.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2003), British Muslims and Human Rights, British Muslim Research Centre, London, British Muslim Research Centre, London.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2003), Disharmony Among UK Discrimination Law, JUSTICE/TUC, Draft Regulations on Religious Discrimination Law Discrimination Law Assosiation and Commission for Racial Equality Scotland, Edinburgh..
- Choudhury, T.A. (2003), National, Regional and International Human Rights Mechanisms for Minority Protection: The Experience of British Muslims, OSCE Conference on Religious Freedom. Vienna, Austria, Vienna.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2003), Protection of Muslim Minority Rights in the EU: Comparative Study of France, Italy and the United Kingdom, International and European Forum on Migration Research. Turin, Italy, Turin.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2003), Tackling Religious Discrimination: the Limits of the EU Directive, Al-Khoei Foundation, the Forum Against Islamophobia and Racism and the Muslim College, Tackling Religious Discrimination: the Limits of the EU Directive, Al-Khoei Foundation, the Forum Against Islamophobia and Racism and the Muslim College London., 25-26.
- Choudhury, T.A. (2002), Minority Rights and Protection from Discrimination: The Situation of Muslims in the UK, The European University Institute, Florence, European University Institute, Florence.
- Busher, Joel, Choudhury, Tufyal, Thomas, Paul & Harris, Gareth (2017). What the Prevent Duty means for schools and colleges in England: An Analysis of educationalists’ Experiences. London, Aziz Foundation.
- Choudhury, Tufyal & Fenwick, Helen (2011). The Impact of Counter-Terrorism Measures on Muslim Communities. Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- Choudhury, T.A., Aziz, M., Izzidien, D., Khreeji, I. & Hussain, D. (2006). Perceptions of Discrimination and Islamophobia: Voices from members of Muslim Communities in the European Union. Vienna, Office for Official Publications of the European Communities (Luxembourg).
- Hepple, B. A. & Choudhury, T. A. (2001). Tackling Religious Discrimination: practical implications for policy makers and legislators. London, Home Office.
- Choudhury T. A. (2000). Discrimination on Grounds of Religion or Belief.
- Choudhury T. A., Hepple & Coussey (1999). Independent Review of the Enforcement of Anti-Discrimination Legislation: Options For Reform. Centre for Public Law. Cambridge.
- Choudhury, Tufyal. (2017). The Experience of Canadian Muslim Civil-Society Organizations and Activists in Influencing and Shaping Counter-terrorism Legislation.
- Choudhury, T.A. (1999). In what respects does UK discrimination law fall short of the standards demanded by international human rights law?
- Choudhury T. A. (1999). In What Respects does UK Discrimination Legislation Fall Short of the Standards Demanded by International Human Rights Law? Centre for Public Law 33.