Professor Alan Townsend
Professor in the Department of Geography
More details to follow shortly.
- Planning studies
- Regional development and affairs
- The changing geography of employment
- Unemployment and industry
Chapter in book
- N. Coe & A.R. Townsend (2002). The spatial configuration of inter-firm networks in producer services agglomerations. In Global competition and local networks. Ashgate. 280-312.
- A.R. Townsend (2003). Build a professional bridge; planning and the recruitment process in regeneration. Planning
- J. Liddle & A.R. Townsend (2003). Reflections on the development of local strategic Partnerships: key emerging issues. Local Governance 29(1): 37-54.
- J. Tully & A.R. Townsend (2003). The legacy of the development corporations: from heavy engineering to call centres. Northern Economic Review (33/34): 80-95.
- A.R. Townsend (2002). Contradictions in planning education. Planning Practice and Research 14: 21.
- A.R. Townsend (2002). Public speaking rights, members and officers in a planning committee. Planning Practice and Research 17(1): 59-68.
- A.R. Townsend (2001). Diversification de las salidas profesionales para los geografos y las geografas en el Reino Unido. Documents d'Analisi Geografica 39: 57-74.
- B. Thomas & A.R. Townsend (2001). New trends in the growth of tourism employment in the UK in the 1990's. Tourism Economics 7: 295-310.