Dr Aziza Zaher, PhD
Assistant Professor (Teaching) / Careers Liaison in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 43463
Fax: +44 (0) 191 33 43421
Room number: A36, Elvet Riverside I
Member in the Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies
- Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language, Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Critical Discourse Analysis
- Arabic Language 1 (2 hours/year.)
- Arabic Language 2 (7 hours/year.)
- Arabic Language 4 (4 hours/year.)
- Husni, Ronak & Zaher, Aziza (2020). Working with Arabic Prepositions.
- Starkey, P, Whitehouse, M & Zaher, A (2009). Chambers Arabic Grammar. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd.
- Starkey, P & Zaher, A (2009). Chambers Arabic Vocabulary. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd.
Chapter in book
- Zaher, Aziza (2020). The year abroad and employability skills for language students at Durham University. In Perspectives on the year abroad: a selection of papers from YAC2018. 121.
- Zaher, Aziza (2020). Undertaking discourse analysis for social research. The Social Science Journal 57(4): 534.
- (2018), MLAC Year Abroad and Employability Prospects, The Year Abroad Conference. Newcastle University
- (2018), Student Engagement as a Tool for Empowerment, Durham Learning and Teaching Conference.
- (2018), Student Engagement: Examples and Benefits, UK LINGUA – Multilingual Language Learning and Teaching Colloquium.
- (2017), Power and Discourse in Egypt following the 25th of January Revolution, IMEIS Conference.
- (2017), Threshold Concepts and Language Teaching, with an Example from Arabic, Durham Learning and Teaching Conference.
- (2017), Threshold Concepts and their Implications for Language Teachers in Higher Education, UK LINGUA – Multilingual Language Learning and Teaching Colloquium.
- (2016), Culture and Empowering Language Learners, Presented at Language Teaching: Times of Transition, A Routes into Languages North East Conference for MFL Teachers. Durham University.
- (2016), Empowering Learners in Higher Education, UK LINGUA – Multilingual Language Learning and Teaching Colloquium. Durham University.
- (2015), Culture as an Asset in Foreign Language Learning and Teaching, Modern Languages & Cultures Conference for Teachers. Durham University.
Indicators of Esteem
- 2018: Winner of Enhancing Students' Experience Award :
- 2018: Winner of Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award: