Dr Jingyun Wang
(email at email@example.com)
Before joining Durham University, Jingyun Wang was an Assistant Professor (2014-2020) at the Research Institute for Information Technology, Kyushu University, Japan. Her current research focuses on ontology, visualization learning support systems, meaningful learning environments, personalized language learning support systems, game-based learning, computational thinking education, data science, and educational big data and learning analytics. Her main contribution involves the integration of the traditional education methodologies with ontological techniques.
- Computational thinking education
- Educational big data and learning analytics
- Game-based learning
- Knowledge representation
- Ontology technique
- Visualization learning support system
Chapter in book
- Wang, Jingyun, Chao, Ching-ju & Liu, Likun (2020). The Learning Behaviors Analysis in a Language Learning Support System – A Pilot Study. In HCI International 2020 - Posters. 1225: 349.
- Wang, Jingyun (2019). Ontology Technique and Meaningful Learning Support Environments. In Learning Technologies for Transforming Large-Scale Teaching, Learning, and Assessment. 215.
- Ogata, Hiroaki, Oi, Misato, Mohri, Kousuke, Okubo, Fumiya, Shimada, Atsushi, Yamada, Masanori, Wang, Jingyun & Hirokawa, Sachio (2017). Learning Analytics for E-Book-Based Educational Big Data in Higher Education. In Smart Sensors at the IoT Frontier. 327.
- Wang, Jingyun, Shimada, Atsushi, Oi, Misato, Ogata, Hiroaki & Tabata, Yoshiyuki (2020). Development and evaluation of a visualization system to support meaningful e-book learning. Interactive Learning Environments 1-18.
- Jingyun, Wang & Kentaro, Kojima (2019). Exploring heterogeneous grouping strategies from the learning analytic perspective. International Journal of Learning Technologies and Learning Environments 2(2): 21-34.
- Wang, Jingyun, Mendori, Takahiko & Hoel, Tore (2018). Strategies for Multimedia Learning Object Recommendation in a Language Learning Support System: Verbal Learners Vs. Visual Learners. International Journal of Human–Computer Interaction 35(4-5): 345.
- Wang, Jingyun, Ogata, Hiroaki & Shimada, Atsushi (2016). A Knowledge Comparison Environment for Supporting Meaningful Learning of E-Book Users. Systems 4(2): 21.
- Wang, Jingyun & Mendori, Takahiko (2015). The Reliability and Validity of Felder- Silverman Index of Learning Styles in Mandarin Version. Information Engineering Express 1(3): 1-8.
- Wang, Jingyun, Mendori, Takahiko & Xiong, Juan (2014). A language learning support system using course-centered ontology and its evaluation. Computers & Education 78: 278.
- Wang, Jingyun, Mendori, Takahiko & Xiong, Juan (2013). A Customizable Language Learning Support System Using Ontology-Driven Engine. International Journal of Distance Education Technologies 11(4): 81-96.
- Valente, Andrea Marchetti, Emaneuala & Wang, Jingyun (2020), Design of an educational multimedia library to teach Python to non-technical university students, International Conference on Learning Technologies and Learning Environments (LTLE) 2020.
- Wang, Jingyun & Yamada, Yuki (2020), What Should be Considered in Group Formation for Open-end Tasks?, International Conference on Learning Technologies and Learning Environments (LTLE) 2020.