Dr Alan Williams - all publications
- Williams, R.A. (Forthcoming). Boom and Boost in Bronze Age Britain: The Great Orme copper mine and European trade. Archaeopress.
- Williams, R.A. (1992). The Berehaven Copper Mines, Allihies, Co. Cork. (reprinted 1993, 1998, 2007). Northern Mine Research Society and reprints by Kenmare Book.
- Williams, R.A. (1985). The Old Mines of the Llangynog District. Northern Mine Research Society.
Chapter in book
- Williams, R.A. (2018). The Great Orme Bronze Age copper mine in North Wales: Opportunities to link ore to metal. In Mining for Ancient Copper: Essays in memory of Professor Beno Rothenberg 2013 conference. Ben-Yosef, E The Institute of Archaeology of Tel Aviv University. 399-417.
- Williams, R A (2017). The Great Orme Bronze Age copper mine: linking ores to metals by developing a geochemically and isotopically defined mine-based metal group methodology. In Archaeometallurgy in Europe IV 2015, Bibliotheca Praehistorica Hispana, vol XXXIII. Montero-Ruiz, I. & Perea, A. Editorial CSIC, Madrid. XXXIII.: 29-47.
- Williams, R.A. (2014). Linking Ore to Metal – Geochemical and isotopic opportunities to characterise and trace the metal from the Great Orme Bronze Age copper mine. In .) The Bronze Age in the Atlantic Archipelago. Proceedings from the Bronze Age Forum held at Queen’s University Belfast, 9th–10th Nov 2013. Brandherm, D. & Plunkett, G. Curach Bhan Publications. 145-175.
- Williams, R.A. (1995). Mining and Quarrying in Clwyd. In Industrial Minera – The Lead Mines and Quarries of Minera. Bennett, J. Maelor Borough Council. 1-14.
- Williams. R.A. (1987). The High Mortality of British Metal and Slate Miners. In Northern Mines Research Society Memoirs. Bird, R. Northern Mine Reserch Society. 18-33.
- Williams, R.A. & Carlier de Veslud,C. (2019). Boom and bust. Major copper production in Bronze Age Britain from the Great Orme mine and European trade c.1600-1400 BC. Antiquity 93(371): 1178-1196.
- Melheim, L., Grandin, L., Persson, P.O., Billström, K., Stos-Gale, Z., Ling, J., Williams, R. A., Angelini, I., Canovaro, C., Hjärthner-Holdar, E. & Kristiansen, K. (2018). Moving metals III: Possible origins for copper in Bronze Age Denmark based on lead isotopes and geochemistry. Journal of Archaeological Science, 96: 85-105.
- Williams, R.A. (2018). x Revealing the Bronze Age zenith of the Great Orme copper mine. Welsh Mines and Mining 5: 33-43.
- Williams, R.A. (2012). Hidden Bullion: Silver Production in northeast Wales. Welsh Mines and Mining 2: 33-43.
- Williams, C.J. & Williams, R.A. (2012). Rediscovering the Lead, Zinc and Silver production of northeast Wales. Welsh Mines and Mining 2: 13-31.
- Williams, R.A. (2020). Great Orme's golden age of European trade. Current Aracheology 359. February 2020: 8.