Ms. Betul Dogan-Akkas
(email at email@example.com)
Betul Dogan Akkas is a PhD candidate at joint degree program between Qatar University Gulf Studies Center and Durham University School of Government and International Affairs. She receive also her MA degree with the thesis titled “Securitization of Qatari Foreign Policy” at Qatar University. Dogan Akkas completed her BA in International Relations at Bilkent University. Following her undergraduate studies, she conducted field research on in Jenin, Palestine. Her research interests include foreign policymaking, security and social transformation of the Gulf Countries. She is a member of The British Society for Middle Eastern Studies (BRISMES).
- Foreign Policy
- State-society relations
- The Gulf States
- Teaching Assistant for Global Regions in International Relations 2020/21
Chapter in book
- Dogan Akkas, B. & Camden, G. (2020). Political Culture in Qatar: State-Society Relations and National Identity in Transformation. In Gulf Cooperation Council Culture and Identities in the New Millennium Resilience, Transformation, (Re)Creation and Diffusion. Karolak, M. & Allam, N. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Dogan Akkas, B. (2018). Birlesik Arap Emirlikleri Ulusal Guvenligi: Kapasite Insasindan Mudahalecilige. In Ortadoğu'da Ulusal Güvenlik Stratejileri. Kurt, V. SETA Yayinlari.
- Dogan Akkas, B. (2018). Katar Ulusal Guvenligi: Yumusak Politikalar ve Onleyici Pragmatizm. In Ortadogu’da Ulusal Guvenlik Stratejileri. Kurt, V. Seta Yayinlari.
- Dogan-Akkas, Betul (2020). The UAE’s foreign policymaking in Yemen: from bandwagoning to buck-passing. Third World Quarterly 1.
- Dogan Akkas, Betul (2018). Re-Approaching Food Security of Qatar: Challenges and Possibilities. Ortadoğu Etütleri 10(2): 68-90.
- Dogan Akkas, B. (2021). Unfulfilled aspirations: middle power politics in the Middle East. International Affairs
- Dogan-Akkas, B. (2020). Book Review - Fraternal Enemies: Israel and the Gulf Monarchies. Global Policy
- Dogan-Akkas, B. (2020). Qatar and the Gulf Crisis by Kristian Coates Ulrichsen. LSE Review of Books
- Akkas, Betul Dogan (2019). Rentier Islamism: The Influence of the Muslim Brotherhood in Gulf Monarchies. Middle East Policy 26(2): 159.
- Dogan Akkas, Betul (2019). Yemen and the Gulf States: The Making of a Crisis. Insight Turkey 21(1).
- Dogan Akkas, Betul (2017). The United Arab Emirates: Power, Politics, and Policymaking. Journal of Arabian Studies 7(2): 308.
- Dogan-Akkas, B. & Camden, G. (Published). The Political Culture in Qatar: Beyond the Rentier State.
- Dogan Akkas, B. (2021). What does the breakthrough in the GCC crisis mean for Turkey?.
- Dogan-Akkas, B. (2020). Covid-19 in War-Ravaged Yemen: Ends or doubles the war?. Qatar University Gulf Studies Center.