Dr Kimberley A. Fowler, PhD
New Testament Lecturer in the Department of Theology and Religion
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 43926
Room number: Dun Cow Cottage 202
- Nag Hammadi and other Coptic Christian Literature
- New Testament
- Non-canonical Literature
Reading Biblical Texts(30 hours/year.)
- Competing Gospels: Jesus Inside and Outside the Canon (30 hours/year.)
- New Testament Theology (10 hours/year.)
Chapter in book
- Fowler, Kimberley A. (2018). "Shifting Social Contexts at Nag Hammadi: Imagining a Fourth-Century Monastic Response to the Roles of Knowledge and Love in the Gospel of Philip”. In Scripture as Social Discourse: Social-Scientific Perspectives on Early Jewish and Christian Writings. Klutz, Todd E., Strine, Casey A. & Keady, Jessica M. Bloomsbury/T&T Clark. 233-245.
- Fowler, Kimberley A. (2018). "Reading Gospel of Thomas 100 in the Fourth Century: From Roman Imperialism to Pachomian Concern over Wealth”. Vigiliae Christianae 72(4): 421-446.
- Fowler, Kimberley A. (2017). The Ascent of the Soul and the Pachomians: Interpreting the Exegesis on the Soul (nhc ii,6) within a Fourth-Century Monastic Context. Gnosis 2(1): 63-93.