Professor Roger MacGinty
(email at email@example.com)
Roger Mac Ginty works on peace and conflict, particularly on the intersection between top-down and bottom-up approaches to peacemaking. He is interested in everyday peace and the different ways in which this might be captured. He co-directs the Everyday Peace Indicators project (with Pamina Firchow) and edits the Taylor and Francis journal Peacebuilding (with Oliver Richmond). He also edits the "Rethinking Political Violence" book series. His articles have been published in Cooperation and Conflict, Security Dialogue, and Review of International Studies. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. if you would like a pdf copy of any of Mac Ginty's journal articles.
Mac Ginty has conducted extensive fieldwork and his research has been funded by the EU, ESRC and Carnegie Corporation of New York among others. He welcomes enquiries from prospective PhD students with an interest in peacebuilding, international intervention, stabilisation, and the methodologies of capturing peace and conflict.
- International intervention
- Peace processes
- Political violence
- Top-down/bottom-up interactions
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2011). International Peacebuilding and Local Resistance: Hybrid forms of peace. Palgrave.
- Ozerdem, Alp & Mac Ginty, Roger (2019). Comparing Peace Processes. Routledge.
- Mac Ginty, Roger & Williams, Andrew (2016). Conflict and Development. Routledge Perspectives on Development. Routledge.
- Mac Ginty, Roger & Peterson, Jenny H (2015). The Routledge Companion to Humanitarian Action. Routledge.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2019). Circuits, the everyday and international relations: Connecting the home to the international and transnational. Cooperation and Conflict 001083671983234.
- MacGinty, Roger (2019). Complementarity and Interdisciplinarity in Peace and Conflict Studies. Journal of Global Security Studies 4(2): 267-272.
- Richmond, Oliver P. & Mac Ginty, Roger (2019). Mobilities and peace. Globalizations
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2017). A material turn in International Relations: the 4x4, intervention and resistance. Review of International Studies 43(05): 855-874.
- Firchow, Pamina & Mac Ginty, Roger (2017). Including Hard-to-Access Populations Using Mobile Phone Surveys and Participatory Indicators. Sociological Methods & Research
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2017). Peacekeeping and Data. International Peacekeeping 24(5): 695.
- Read, Róisín & Mac Ginty, Roger (2017). The Temporal Dimension in Accounts of Violent Conflict: A Case Study from Darfur. Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding 11(2): 147.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2015). Where is the local? Critical localism and peacebuilding. Third World Quarterly 36(5): 840-856.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2014). Everyday Peace: Bottom-up and local agency in conflict-affected societies. Security Dialogue 45(6): 548-564.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2013). Indicators+: A proposal for everyday peace indicators. Evaluation and Program Planning 36(1): 56.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2012). Against Stabilization. Stability: International Journal of Security and Development 1(1): 20.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2010). Social network analysis and counterinsurgency: a counterproductive strategy? Critical Studies on Terrorism 3(2): 209.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2010). Warlords and the liberal peace: state-building in Afghanistan. Conflict, Security & Development 10(4): 577.
- Hamieh, Christine Sylva & Mac Ginty, Roger (2009). A very political reconstruction: governance and reconstruction in Lebanon after the 2006 war. Disasters 34: S103.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2009). The Liberal Peace at Home and Abroad: Northern Ireland and Liberal Internationalism. The British Journal of Politics and International Relations 11(4): 690.
- Mac Ginty, Roger (2008). Indigenous Peace-Making Versus the Liberal Peace. Cooperation and Conflict 43(2): 139.