Instructions for uploading content
Instructions for uploading content to Dialogue Signposts - Students
Please note that only certain members of staff are authorised to upload content to the Dialogue Signposts web page.
- Copy and paste https://www.dur.ac.uk/dialogue/signposts/students into your web browser and then replace www with cms
- Select "Site Editing" at the top of the page
- Under the last news item that is on display, (just underneath where it says 'subscribe to this news') click on "Add to, edit or remove item"
- Under News Item (by date) click on "continue"
- Enter your content and information under the following headings:
- Content -the first sentence or two of your communication (maximum 3 lines)
- Full content -the rest of your message (N.B. you do not need to repeat the text from the initial "content" box)
- Start and end dates (N.B. it is important that you change the end date, otherwise your item will just be displayed for one day)
- Ignore all of the other boxes
- Click on "create record"
- Add a related link URL if relevant
- Click on either "edit another news item" to create a new item or "return to page" if finished
N.B. It is important that you do NOT categorise your news item and therefore please do not tick any of the boxes with dates