Durham Emerging Leadership Programme
(13 February 2020)
APPLICATIONS ARE STILL OPEN for the Durham University Emerging Leadership Programme. Our next full day training session takes place on Sunday 15 March 2020, 8am – 6pm. We invite any student at Durham University to attend the Emerging Leadership Programme which offers a grounded, comprehensive introduction to key ideas of leadership. This is a FREE programme, open to ANY student of Durham University with transport, lunch and refreshments included.
Students on the programme are invited to a training day, where you can listen to engaging talks in the morning, and put your leadership skills into practice with a range of fun, practical exercises in the afternoon. In addition, you will have access to an evening lectures series, monthly workshops and an online tool kit.
We welcome you to join this free programme designed to introduce you to the concepts and responsibilities of leadership, with a particular focus on teamwork.
The Programme gives you access to:
- Training day: Accredited partners such as the uniformed services introduce practical and theoretical leadership skills during a one-day training programme. You have the option to attend one taking place on weekends throughout the academic year.
- Speaker Series: A series of free talks throughout the academic year gives you the chance to hear from industry leaders about their career success.
- Workshops: Alongside the Speaker Series, a programme of workshops offers you practical application of leadership skills led by accredited partners.
- Women in Leadership panel: You are invited to the inaugural Women in Leadership panel taking place during the week of International Women's Day (March 8) where women leaders will discuss issues relating to gender, identity and leadership.
- Online toolkit: A free online toolkit introduces you to core leadership skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, and giving and receiving feedback through practical activities.
- Bi-monthly e-newsletter: Twice a month you will receive useful resources to complement your practical training, such as videos, articles, and signposting to leadership opportunities.
The Programme is open to everyone with or without previous leadership experience.
With so much workplace competition, it's getting harder to stand out with a degree alone. Through our Programme, we want to help you develop practical leadership skills and experiences that are desirable to any employer. However, the Programme isn't just about your future career, but also about enriching your time at university. Durham is an outstanding place for leadership opportunities in areas such as sports, theatre, and volunteering, and taking part in the Programme will put you on the right path towards becoming a good, highly respected, and successful leader.
Find out more: www.durham.ac.uk/leadership-programme