Call for Papers: Summer School Visual Intersections 5 - 6-8 July 2020 Durham
(23 January 2020)
The Leverhulme Durham Doctoral Training Programme in Visual Culture and the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture, Durham University, would like to invite scholars and early career researchers to submit their papers to the fifth summer school which brings scholars together to explore the interdisciplinary nature of visual culture and exchange current ideas and approaches in the field.
We welcome both scholarly and creative submissions from researchers working in a wide range of disciplines, including art, history, anthropology, philosophy, archaeology, linguistics, computer science, natural and social sciences, among others.
We invite applicants to submit their abstracts to a specific panel:
- (Audio) Visual Methods in Humanities and the Social Sciences;
- Curation and Representation;
- Landscapes and Experiences;
- Visual and Material Evidence in Historical Practice;
- Visual Culture in Sciences and Technology;
The closing date for proposals is 28/02/2020. Please submit:
- an abstract of no more than 250 words, including 5 keywords; please, specify which panel you have chosen
- one-page CV Submissions and queries should be directed to email@example.com.
Only one paper proposal submission is allowed per person. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission via email. For more information on this event, please refer to our website durham.ac.uk/cvac/events/eventslisting